TelecomsWorld Asia 2020
MOVING TELCOS TO “THE EDGE”
With 5G already deployed in some countries, the emergence of IoT devices and greater global wireless access and the role of edge computing to core telco network models is rising significantly. Across a multitude of areas including latency, data, network virtualization, and bandwidth, edge is amplifying opportunities for service providers across the entire telco ecosystem.
• Fundamental advantages of edge computing
• Improvements to connectivity and infrastructure
• Where is the value?
• Ira Tan, Regional Manager, Asia-Pacific, IEEE (moderator)
• Yaw Yeo, General Manager, International Product & Business, Alibaba
• Sebastian Barros, Regional Head, SEA, Strategic Telco Sales, Google Cloud
• Saddullah Sheikh Nasrullah, Chief Architect, Saudi Telecom Company
• Simon Delord, Principal Architect, Telstra